This project is read-only.

Problem with load historical previous data

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm happy to find your SCD Merge Wizard, but i had a problem. I've had a historic data in a table with one column that store the data process date, now i want to take this data and load into dimention, then, after of the first load (historic data), I want to use your tool to generate SCD type 2 Script to manage incremental load, my question is, ¿how can i use your script with historic data that i want to load previously to incremental load?, or ¿how can i adapt it?, I use two columns, DateFrom and DateTo in my previous data.

Kind regards, 

Andres

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hi Andres!

First of all, thank you for using SCD Merge Wizard, I hope it helped you as much as it helped me so far :)

I read your post several times and I cannot figure it out what are you trying to achieve. Can you give me an example of the table schema and data in your source and target (dimension) tables with explanations what is your current status and what you want to achieve.

I believe that solution is simple and that we will be able to solve this quickly.

Kind regards,
Miljan 

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hi Miljan,

Thanks for your quickly answer, I have a datawarehouse that has a historic data, whith a month snapshot, in this structure for example I have one field that help me to identify the date when registers was load(month timestamp), now I want to load historic data to my new SCD type 2 structure whith DateFrom and DateTo, so my question is: How can I load the historic data at first load to my new structure using the script generated with SCD Merge wizard?

Month Historic structure (Old):

person_id,

person_name,

person_city,

person_segment_Bank,

data_process(month Snapshot)

SCD structure (New):

sk_person -> SurrogateKey

person_id -> BusinessKey

person_name -> SCD1

person_city -> SCD2

person_segment -> SCD2

DateFrom

DateTo

Kind regards.

Andres

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Hi Andrewd,

I read your message but I still don't understand what are you trying to achieve? Can you give an example of data in source (old) table and final state of your target (new) table?

Cheers,